Galleries and businesses in downtown Wilkes-Barre display art by local, regional and national artists the third Friday of every month from 5- 8pm. Venues can participate every month or selective months. Register here: http://wwwthirdfriwb.com/interested-in-hosting-an-event/
Benefits of Third Friday Membership
- See your Venue’s event listed on the official map printed in Diamond City & The Weekender
- Map is distributed via social media web sites such as Facebook.
- TV and radio spots are aired to promote the event.
- Feature story ideas on venues are pitched monthly to local media.
- Display a minimum of 10 pieces of artwork (depending on size) or offer live performance from 5- 8pm, such as guitarist or other musician; mime; be creative!
- Provide refreshments (snacks and beverages) of your choice. Can be as simple as crackers and cheese – this brings more people to your venue
- Submit information regarding your artist(s) a MINIMUM of two weeks prior to the event online at www.thirdfridaywb.com
- Submit high-res digital images of art, if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org to use in public relations efforts.
- You are encouraged to submit your information directly to local media.
- Provide information about Third Friday to your visitors. Handing out copies of the Art Walk Map is appreciated.
- Report estimated monthly attendance numbers after your event.
- Only venues within the ‘Main Street District” defined as Washington Street to South Street and River Street to Jackson Street are eligible.
- Venues and artists have the option to display art for an extended timeframe